Friday, January 04, 2008

Forgetting Mommy

It's the third day already!

At drop-off, Ciro didn't cry again. Although hesitating, he finally moved toward the center of the room and left Mommy at the door. Mommy waved good-bye to him without getting any feedback. :-P

His second day was better than first day in terms of crying. His cry time was much less than 20 minutes according to Miss Moreno. He only cried when being lead to other rooms, which he didn't like (i.e., the working room where other kids play with the computer). He ate more than the 1st day but slept less, though. He ate two yogurts for morning and afternoon snacks and had some soup and rice for lunch. So when we got home, he wasn't into any cookie that I tried to offer him. And he didn't have good appetite for dinner as usual (although I managed to feed him 1.5 small bowl of millet congee, 10 small shrimps, and 1/3 of a bell pepper). He only had a 45 minute nap during the day so he fell asleep in the car on our way home.

Some interesting things: he didn't want to go home already when I picked him up on the second day! Miss Moreno's got too many toys. :-) And he seemed to be marking his territory already. Like I said there're a couple of spots in the play room that he liked the most. He expanded those spots to a few others on the second day. It seemed that he has accepted Miss Moreno and Hazel into his circle: when they approach him in his favorite place, he was OK. But when the other kids (Nicky or Brandon) tried to get close to him, he pushes them away. A lonely but powerful leo? haha.

One other thing is that he had been following me wherever I go for a while. Even if I have to go to the bathroom, he needs to be there! :-( But this seems to have changed now. I just tell him where I am and he will keep doing his things and not bother with following me any more. Should I feel happy or a little bit disappointed? hehe

No comments: